Sipdown no. 76 of the year 2014. Both 75 and this one were not sample sipdowns which makes me feel a little more like I’m making some headway here. I’m not commuting today, it being Saturday, but since I was so close to being able to sip this down I decided to steep some of this anyway. I am toying with the idea of making the Teavana Three Kingdoms Mao Feng my next commuting tea. I’m about 95% there in the decision making process.

It’s another rainy day here. Everyone says California needs the rain, so who am I to judge, but I don’t love it when it rains out here. Everyone manages to slide their cars into everyone else because no one knows how to drive in any sort of “weather.” People get weird, too, because this area is full of athletic types who don’t know what to do with themselves when it rains. The hard core go out and bike or run anyway, but everyone else seems slightly on edge at the thought that they might actually have to stay inside for a few hours. Personally, I’m all about napping and watching the Olympics on TV, drinking some tea and maybe reading if my headache goes away.

Today this tea is behaving in my stomach. I’m mostly getting chocolate flavored black tea in the taste again, with a slight peanutty aftertaste. Final verdict—it’s not a favorite and a rather uneven experience so I’m docking it another couple of points. But the good news is I have a few more vintage 52 Teas packets I haven’t cracked open yet (and some I have but haven’t had in a while) and I’m thinking about which to try next. Chocolate Raisin? A return to White Chocolate Cashew? Decisions, decisions.

Sami Kelsh

Ha! I wonder what those athletic-types would do over a Manchester winter. I actually audibly gasped the other day when THE SUN CAME OUT. You can do things indoors, kids! Just march up and down the corridors of your apartment building until you feel you’ve had a workout!

__Morgana__

Hehehehe. I imagine they’d find something to do, but they’d probably complain about seasonal affective disorder while doing it. ;-)

Comments

Sami Kelsh

__Morgana__

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California