drank Almond Oolong by Adagio Teas

Since I have an almond theme going, I thought I’d revisit this one.

This time I tried it in the gaiwan with steeps starting at 30 seconds, going up to 1:30. Also shared with the BF. Both kids are out on play dates so it’s unnaturally quiet around here. Too bad I still have a headache or it would be a lovely little bit of adult free time.

This is much more enjoyable with this preparation compared to my first jaunt with it. The almond flavor hangs on pretty continually with only a little weakening across multiple steeps. The oolong base is, for some reason, more prevalent, too. I can taste an underlying toastiness, though without any sort of winy tang that would really let me know I’m tasting oolong.

It’s much more enjoyable than the Adagio Vanilla Oolong in my book. The flavoring agent doesn’t come across as bakey fakey in the way the vanilla did.

I’m bumping this a couple of points. I still like the idea of almond oolong better than this particular almond oolong itself, and I wonder whether I should, perhaps, try the Zen Tea Oolong Almond which has about a ten point higher average rating?

Sami Kelsh

I get oatmeal from this tea. I don’t know if that’s weird, but it totally reminds me of oatmeal.

__Morgana__

Hmmm. I didn’t get oatmeal. It would have been fun to get oatmeal though…

Comments

Sami Kelsh

__Morgana__

Hmmm. I didn’t get oatmeal. It would have been fun to get oatmeal though…

95-100 A once in a lifetime experience; the best there is

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; will likely buy more

70-79 Very good; would enjoy again, might buy again

60-69 Good; wouldn’t pass up if offered, but likely won’t buy again

Below 60 Meh, so-so, iffy, or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California