drank Vanilla Oolong by Adagio Teas

After revisiting the Almond Oolong and preparing it in the gaiwan, I thought I’d do the opposite with this one. I steeped three cups worth in the Breville. I’m going to spring it on the BF and see what he thinks.

You know, you live with someone for more than 10 years, several of which have involved an intensive tea obsession, and one day he says, “Did I mention I went through a tea phase? When I lived in New York, I used to go to McNulty’s” and the rest starts to sound like Charlie Brown’s adults going wha wha wha wha because you’re like— what planet are you from and who are you anyway? LOL.

It is possible that the preparation method made the vanilla taste less artificial and bakey to me, however, it isn’t enough of an improvement to sell me on this tea. Sweetening does make the vanilla flavor better (thanks Terri HarpLady for the suggestion), though I have tasted so many really nice vanilla flavored blacks, even the sweetened version of this doesn’t excite me. I’m not noticing that it’s bringing out the oolong more, either, which is one of my difficulties with this. The tea seems to me to be more functioning as a flavor delivery mechanism than as a taste of its own. Bumping it down a few points.

Nxtdoor

you call someone you lived with for over 10 years the BF? I just find it interesting. to me, if someone’s made it that long they’ve been promoted to ‘partner’ status. :)

__Morgana__

Yeah, the nomenclature is a point of discussion sometimes. He uses the term partner to describe me. I’ve been married before, he hasn’t, so my definition of partner is somewhat different and more antiquated, I guess. ;-)

Terri HarpLady

I’ve been with the same guy for 13+ years, & I still call him my BF. Of course, we live 5 minutes apart, so officially we aren’t partners, since we don’t share a house, right? ;)

__Morgana__

If sharing a house makes you partners I had a lot of them in college. ;-)

Nxtdoor

Lol. I have a feeling the law would have a fit if I one day tried to bail taking all our possessions and the house.

__Morgana__

Yeah, well, we don’t have a lot of joint possessions. We tend to each have our own things and the house is mine. It predated the BF. ;-)

Comments

Nxtdoor

Terri HarpLady

__Morgana__

If sharing a house makes you partners I had a lot of them in college. ;-)

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California