drank Masala Chai by Adagio Teas

Sipdown no. 78 of the year 2014. I could have let this go for one more round, but I felt the itch to get another sipdown in. I have discovered that there are approximately 5 tablespoons of chai in the Adagio sample tin. I used two last time, today I tripled the recipe instead of doubling it so I wouldn’t have to have one serving sitting around by itself.

I also used a different black tea this time. Last time I used a Teafrog Assam. This time I used a Leafspa Yunnan.

It does make a difference. I think the Assam in general works better. It adds more flavor to the chai.

This time the flavor in general is milder, closer to Doulton’s experience of it than my original one. But I’m keeping the rating as is because I know it can do better with the right backup band.

Waiting to get a reaction from the peanut gallery. I described it to them as “grown up hot chocolate.” We’ll see whether that is an enticement…

Sami Kelsh

I have a friend who doesn’t like tea, and I think I’m thisclose to getting her to give chai a go. THISCLOSE. Huzzah!

Comments

Sami Kelsh

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California