Sipdown no. 79 of the year 2014 and my 700th tasting note! Well, that was poor planning. I should have arranged it so that I had the 80th sipdown on the 700th note. ;-)

I remember this being one of the better camomile blends I’ve had. I only had enough left in the sample packet to make about half a cup, but it does remain one of the better camomiles in my book.

For me, pretty much any blend with camomile in it, if the camomile can be tasted, succeeds or fails on the taste of the camomile. In my previous note I mentioned how some camomiles taste to me the way I’d imaging a mouth full of dried flowers would taste. The ones that succeed don’t have that quality.

This blend’s camomile has a freshness to the taste that persists despite the age of this sample. I’m not sure whether it’s the quality of the camomile or the influence of the lavender or some of both, but there’s some sweetness as well that makes this a very pleasant tisane.

Having had some not so great camomile in the past couple of months, I’m boosting the rating a tad and putting this on the wish list, even though it’s still a question mark to me whether I’ll ultimately order it. I do think that even if one isn’t a camomile lover, it makes sense to have a really good camomile in one’s collection for those rare times when it seems like nothing else will do.

Kirkoneill1988

unfortunately i don’t like camomile

Jennkay

Wow, I’m amazed at both your # of sipdowns in less than two months, and your 700! Congrats :)

__Morgana__

Thanks Jennkay!

Comments

Kirkoneill1988

unfortunately i don’t like camomile

Jennkay

__Morgana__

Thanks Jennkay!

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California