I put some of this in the Breville, and was then promptly confronted by two eager young men who wanted to get to school EARLY because it was Valentine’s Day. Exactly why they wanted/needed to be early is a mystery. It’s not like they’re old enough to date…

As a result, by the time I got to taste this it was lukewarm. I am not going to rate this or discuss its virtues and shortcomings in depth given the circumstances.

For now, let me say it wasn’t at all what I expected. I expected a sort of rosy, lavendery frou frou Earl Grey (which I actually love). The dry leaf has a very rosy fragrance with a lavender undercurrent. It’s a very pretty dry leaf, with little lavender buds, rose petals and rosemary needles strewn among the tea. I don’t smell rosemary and I don’t really smell bergamot either.

But that changed in the drink. I think it’s the rosemary that makes the difference. There’s a savory note to this that I’m tasting fairly heavily, and it is more pronounced than the floral notes which I taste as a sort of general coolness (which may also be the bergamot). I wonder whether this is a factor of the cooling process or whether it’s how this would have tasted hotter as well. The tea has a sweetness to it and the flavor has a complexity, but I don’t really taste the bergamot at all. I’m not getting anything that tastes like citrus.

Will try again and see how it fares when it is drunk hot.

TeaBrat

we always gave Valentine’s to each other at school, maybe that’s why?

__Morgana__

Yes, they each went with a bag ‘o Valentines, but they don’t get to exchange them until they’re in class? Maybe they just wanted to look at peoples’ bags. LOL.

Kamyria

My daughter is in grade 2 and they have whole bunch of fun activities scheduled for today. They have Valentines party with treats and drinks and kids were encouraged to bring some games from home to play in class. She went to school with bunch of Valentine cards and box of cookies and two board games… lol

__Morgana__

Ah yes, that could be it—the suspension of usual activities during the Valentines’ Day celebration. I will find out tonight. ;-)

Comments

TeaBrat

we always gave Valentine’s to each other at school, maybe that’s why?

Kamyria

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California