drank Sleep Tight by TeaGschwendner

I seem to be having a run at savory flavored herbal blends these days. I didn’t realize I had so many in my stash. It’s particularly puzzling because, as I’m discovering having had them three nights in a row, I have a threshold for savory herbal blends and three nights in a row is well beyond that threshold. I’ve discovered that for me they are much more of a sometime thing. I’m not sure I’d think to have one all that often if I wasn’t reacclimatizing myself to my stash and finding that I have a number of them.

My original note on this indicated that is has a savory taste, and it does. And reading that note I’ve figured out why I think I find the savory flavor a sometime thing. It has a medicinal association for me. Not logical, but there you have it. Fortunately, the savory flavor isn’t as intense as it has been in some other tisanes I’ve had recently, like the Shanti Kapha Balance and of course the plain Holy Basil from Upton.

My previous note said this reminded me of chamomile, though there’s no chamomile in it. This time I’m not really tasting chamomile. Probably because I’ve had some really good (as chamomile goes) chamomile recently and I know how sweet it can taste. This tisane isn’t sweet.

I am noticing a sort of a minty cooling feel, though, which is also interesting because there’s no mint in this. I find it fascinating that I taste flavors in this that don’t originate in its ingredients.

It’s the kind of thing I’d drink if I had it around (as I’m doing now) but now that I know what it’s like, I’d likely choose another decaf option next time I order.

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California