I’m finding that my expectation that the novelty of this would wear off soon is coming to pass. I’m actively working on sipping it down, now.

I think I’m learning that in general I don’t do well with unusual flavors, except, perhaps, in rooibos blends or if they’re fruity concoctions. The non-fruity ones sit too heavily. I’m obviously not counting in this things like chocolate and nut flavors per se. Just things that are meant to conjure a completely different food rather than a flavor or two.

Fortunately, the BF likes it, which will make the sipping down go twice as fast.

Preparing with boiling water as directed seems to keep the “butter” from turning chemical-y, so that’s good to know. I saw some pieces of cinnamon in the blend I steeped this morning, but I’m still not getting a lot of cinnamon.

Though I stand by my assessment that this lives up to its name, the way it has been hitting me the last couple of days makes it difficult for me to justify leaving it at a rating of 82.

It should get very high technical marks for evoking this flavor (a 90 or so) but for me, anyway, the more I drink it, the less I enjoy it.

Docking some points.

TheTeaFairy

Fun that you have a sipdown partner in your household!!

__Morgana__

Yes, and helpful, too. :-)

Comments

TheTeaFairy

Fun that you have a sipdown partner in your household!!

__Morgana__

Yes, and helpful, too. :-)

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California