It has been a long time since I had any of this and when I had it way back when it was in teabag form at the office, so not particularly expertly steeped.

This is apparently one of Angrboda’s favorites. Kidding! Her note about this cracked me up. I have to say that although I don’t remember my grandmother smelling like this, I get what she means. There’s something about the smell in the tin, the musty floral spice scent, that reminds me of antique shops, and I suppose that could be extended to antique people.

The aroma of the steeped tea is very similar to the aroma in the tin—spicy but not savory, floral, and very very vaguely Earl Grey-like. I don’t get any soapiness. The underlying tea is sweet and pleasant.

It’s not my favorite, but not because there’s anything wrong with it. More because it just isn’t very distinctive. Still, I’ll enjoy drinking it more than some others I’ve tried recently. Bumping the rating.

boychik

I have to revisit this tea. My tin is almost full. My first experience with this tea reminded me licking ashtray. Another not successful blend was Kusmi Earl Grey Polish blend #18. I would mix them up like 1:2. It was ok. Just ok. I cannot believe that Russian Czar would like it. But what do I know…

__Morgana__

Ugh! I don’t get any ashtray, fortunately. But I agree it’s not very “special.” Maybe I’ve just had a lot of not great tea lately and it just does well by comparison. ;-)

Ysaurella

I had a hard time to finish my small tin of this one…only 25 g…but had the feeling to get 250 g due to the time it took me to finish it :)

__Morgana__

It hasn’t been something I’ve found myself rushing to either, but something about it today seemed better than before. I think it was the base, it had a sweetness to it that the other teas I had this morning didn’t really have.

Angrboda

The world does not contain enough bleh to aptly cover my experience of this one. :p

Haha! ;-)

Comments

boychik

Ysaurella

Angrboda

Haha! ;-)

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California