drank Red Hot Cinnamon by 52teas

Started the day with the same Earl Grey as yesterday (no note on that one, I didn’t have anything new to say about it) and then turned to this. Another from my original 52teas over-acquisition that has not been opened until today.

A very sweet cinnamon fragrance over black tea in the packet, and the bright little red hots look pretty among the dark tea leaves.

The aroma from the tea is very cinnamon-y, but not quite as sweet and I can smell a maltiness from the black tea underneath. The liquor is an astonishing, garnet color. Really gorgeous.

I really love the H&S cinnamon, which to me tastes like red hots except without red hots actually in it. This also has stick cinnamon and some flavoring.

It’s tasty, and it is definitely cinnamon-y. It’s on the sweet side, but not really the hot side except for a spicy kick in the finish, right on the tip of the tongue.

And I’m not having the “food tea” reaction, though I didn’t expect to. Candy doesn’t really count as food. Or at least, that’s what I keep telling my kids…

I prefer the H&S because of its base. And also the weird voodoo by which they manage to make it taste like red hots without actually having red hots in it.

But this certainly lives up to its name, is tasty, and I don’t see its novelty wearing off very fast the way the food teas did. High marks from me.

Flavors: Cinnamon

Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML
juliebeth

you made this sound so interesting. may have to try.

__Morgana__

It is currently an archived blend at 52teas, but they have a cool process where you can put yourself on the waiting list and they’ll let you know if they ever reblend it.

Comments

juliebeth

you made this sound so interesting. may have to try.

__Morgana__

95-100 A once in a lifetime experience; the best there is

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; will likely buy more

70-79 Very good; would enjoy again, might buy again

60-69 Good; wouldn’t pass up if offered, but likely won’t buy again

Below 60 Meh, so-so, iffy, or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California