Started the day with an Earl I’ve already written a lot of notes about (so no new notes on that one) and then turned to this. Another of the unopened 52teas blends from a while ago.

The scent from the packet is mostly chocolate, but I get the raisin, too. After steeping, I smell mostly the tea, though I also get a dark, grapey smell of raisin. The liquor is clear, and a cherry color.

I expected to get a lot of chocolate in the flavor, but it’s not a heavy chocolate. It’s present, but the main note I get is a fruitiness. It’s in the aftertaste that I mostly get a suggestion of chocolate covered raisins, as though I chewed a handful of them five minutes ago.

The BF says he gets more chocolate than raisin and he gets more of the Raisinette flavor throughout than I do. (But then, he didn’t drink Earl Grey this morning.)

It’s tasty and I’m not having a “food tea” issue, because again, candy doesn’t count as food. I give it about a 77 for being true to its name and a 79 for drinking enjoyment, hence the 78 rating.

Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 3 tsp 25 OZ / 750 ML

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California