drank Lotus by Tazo

I only have two bags of this left in the home stash but almost a whole box at work, and as my work stash is now not exactly a pillar of diversity, this has been my “commute home” tea for the past few days.

I really do find this pleasant. Some teas blow you away from day one. Others grow on you slowly. This one has grown on my slowly. It’s like that friend who keeps being a great friend and then one day you wake up and you’re in love.

I’ve never had an unpleasant cup of this. It has never been at all offensive even when abused by water temperature and oversteeping. It’s forgiving. And it’s nothing if not consistent. It’s not flashy or terribly exciting, but kids, when you get older you’ll find there’s a lot to be said for stability. ;-) This is a tea I can count on.

I do want to try some more lotus flower scented teas if I can find any that look promising (as opposed to the Thai seed thing which is said to be bitter), but not to replace this one. Just out of curiosity to see what a non-decaf lotus flower tea might be like.

I have to bump the rating on this one for its steadfastness. Rock on, Lotus.

K S

This used to always be in my stash for late afternoons, then I drifted away from teabags during the day. I’ll have to remember this next time my wife needs Starbucks. It is a lovely tea. The Persimmon Tree is the only other lotus I have found. While it is my favorite tea from them, it is nothing like this one. While Tazo is a gentle floral, TPT is more anise type flavor.

__Morgana__

Yes, it’s a lovely one. Thanks for the info on the other lotus. I am not sure I’m up for the Persimmon Tree one if it taste like anise. I am not a licorice fan. :-(

Comments

K S

__Morgana__

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California