Sipdown no. 108 of the year 2014.

The peachy note came out really nicely tonight, during multiple short steeps in the gaiwan. I did the first three at 30 seconds and the rest at 45 while watching the David Duckler video on how to season a Yixing over and over.

The pot’s on to boil now and I’m gonna give it a try. Wish me luck!

Jennkay

That’s so exciting! Someday I will be brave/un-lazy enough to get a yixing…

__Morgana__

Hehe. If I can do it anyone can. ;-) I have successfully (I think) boiled and steeped and now the little pet is submerged in a bath of tea. I don’t think I’ll be able to stay awake long enough for the whole thing to cool to room temperature to take it out. I don’t think it would hurt it to stay in overnight, though. It might even help.

boychik

Good luck! I’m still thinking about Yixing….

Ubacat

I’m still dreaming of my Yising too…

TeaBrat

good luck, it’s easy!

MzPriss

my new yixing spent the night in a bowl of oolong and is drying now, waiting for its first steep

__Morgana__

Awesome MzPriss. I finished my project last night, too!

MzPriss

I’m gonna have my first oolong in it when I get home from brunch today. I suspect it will be pretty light as the pots are supposed to steal the flavor for a while

Comments

Jennkay

That’s so exciting! Someday I will be brave/un-lazy enough to get a yixing…

boychik

Good luck! I’m still thinking about Yixing….

Ubacat

I’m still dreaming of my Yising too…

TeaBrat

good luck, it’s easy!

__Morgana__

Awesome MzPriss. I finished my project last night, too!

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California