drank Ooooh Darjeeling by Adagio Teas

Trying this one in the gaiwan, and the first few steeps seemed pretty light. I wonder whether it’s a property of Indian oolongs that they need longer steeps than Chinese ones?

The flavor started to get stronger at around the third steep, which was a minute. Longer steeps are better with this one. I got a nice stone fruit-grapey flavor without any sharp edges. It was as though the sharp Darjeeling-y smell of the aroma had had its edges filed off in the flavor. The leaves on this one looked a uniform milk-chocolaty brown after steeping, with some nicely formed whole leaves and a lot of broken ones. For some reason they made me think of autumn.

Everyone at my house is in the other room watching the Oscars. I have, as per the usual schedule, a writing assignment due (and as per usual these days, I haven’t done it yet). I am having such a love/hate relationship with writing these days. Sigh.

Sami Kelsh

I know the feeling about writing. I’ve been burnt out for ages with all the cover letters I’ve had to write – makes writing, like, real stuff that much harder. Blech.

You can do it! You can write! I’m kicking myself that my bag of this darjeeling didn’t fit in my luggage when I moved to Manchester because it is nice!

__Morgana__

Thanks, Sami!

Comments

Sami Kelsh

__Morgana__

Thanks, Sami!

95-100 A once in a lifetime experience; the best there is

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; will likely buy more

70-79 Very good; would enjoy again, might buy again

60-69 Good; wouldn’t pass up if offered, but likely won’t buy again

Below 60 Meh, so-so, iffy, or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California