drank Tropical Peony by Tavalon Tea

I reread the label on this one and discovered that Tavalon recommends using more leaf than I was. Sort of. They recommend two teaspoons per 8 oz water.

I’m using a spoon that’s a bit larger than a teaspoon and I tend to use heaping (or at least not level) teaspoons so I’m actually using more than a teaspoon. But just for fun, I put in twice as much tea as I’d been using, same amount of water, same temp and same steeping time. Then I threw it in the Timolino and drove to work.

I really didn’t notice a difference. It didn’t seem twice as strong as it was yesterday, although there might have been a bit more of the underlying tea. But the fruit and coconut flavoring wasn’t stronger.

Still liking it as a commuting tea, though.

keychange

Popping in to say that I’m a heeper too! a shameless one. More tea!

carol who

Depending on the tea, sometimes you just have to. It can make such a difference. Something that tastes insipid the first time and can really come alive. I find that a lot with the Teavana herbals. I also think that many companies just routinely say 1 tsp/8 oz.

moraiwe

Heapers unite!

Memily

I like playing around with quantities but I have to admit I get annoyed when I get home with a tea purchase and only then read that the recommended amount is 2tsp instead of 1tsp. I can be ridiculously scroogey sometimes and it feels like I’m being ripped off?

OMGsrsly

I started loose leafing with Silk Road, and they commend 1 tsp per 16 oz. Using 2 was a big adjustment to make!

__Morgana__

Yay for heaping! Carol, with the Teavana fruit blends you have to put in twice as much as you would ordinarily. I pretty much do that automatically now on the first try. Mem, I would probably feel that way too if I wasn’t up to my ears in tea, but I’m sort of secretly relieved when I find out I could be using more since I’m in sipdown mode. ;-) OMG, did you find 1 tsp per 16 oz enough? I have some Silk Road teas in my collection, I should see what they say.

OMGsrsly

Haha. I prefer a lot of my Silk Road teas that way. Maybe it’s familiarity, maybe they’re truly good that way! :)

Comments

keychange

Popping in to say that I’m a heeper too! a shameless one. More tea!

carol who

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; will likely buy more

70-79 Very good; would enjoy again, might buy again

60-69 Good; wouldn’t pass up if offered, but likely won’t buy again

Below 60 Meh, so-so, iffy, or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California