drank Jasmine #12 by Adagio Teas

Is it wrong to be seriously considering seasoning a Yixing pot for jasmine scented oolong?

I read pretty much every Yixing related thread on the discussion board and so I know that at least a couple of folks around here drink jasmine oolong out of Yixing clay implements. I like jasmine flavored tea quite a bit, so I don’t think it would be a waste in that sense as I’d surely use it. The main question I have is whether it would be a waste in the sense of not really providing much addition to the flavor since there’s not as much variation in jasmine flavored teas as there there seems to be in their unflavored equivalents.

Something to ponder.

In any case, today is apparently national pancake day or some such nonsense and they’re giving away free pancakes at IHOP. When the BF brought no. 1 home from baseball practice, I’d already shed my work clothes and got into my PJs, as had no. 2, but the BF decided everyone should go for pancakes. I declined citing the fact I’d have to get dressed, but no. 2 went in his PJs. It’s so great being 8. You can do stuff like that without getting arrested or thrown out of Walmart or whatever it was that was so scandalous about the woman in her bathrobe a while back.

With the house quiet and everyone gone, I can oolong-out. I came very close to trying the maestro version of the Adagio jasmine pearls, the Fujian Jasmine, which is sitting on my counter along with the rest of my Adagio samples, which are getting to be fewer and fewer. But I decided to do this one so as to bring another sample closer to sipdown range.

I really like steeping pearls in the gaiwan because they stay put, whereas other teas squirm out when I shift the lid and pour. I may have mentioned my gaiwan style leaves much to be desired. Tonight, these are fresh, floral, and calming and I’m too blissed out to be annoyed by the slightly bitter downturn in the aftersip.

Now can I please go on vacation?

carol who

Yes! You’ve been a good little girl Now go on vacation :D Please take me with you!

__Morgana__

I want to go somewhere that smells like jasmine!

OMGsrsly

Haha! I go out in pjs fairly regularly with my BFF. But my pjs tend to be flannel trousers, tshirt, and some old and decrepit oversized sweatshirt. Throw on a scarf and some sneakers, and dinner awaits! ;)

__Morgana__

Ah well, that you can get away with even after the age of 8. ;-) I have some of those as well but tonight I’m more in the flannel nightshirt camp.

Oh yeah. Tea & nopants > going out. :D

pyarkaaloo

at least police can’t arrest you for wearing pj’s in your own house ;p
there’s one positive thing i can cite in adulthood..

Comments

carol who

__Morgana__

I want to go somewhere that smells like jasmine!

Oh yeah. Tea & nopants > going out. :D

pyarkaaloo

at least police can’t arrest you for wearing pj’s in your own house ;p
there’s one positive thing i can cite in adulthood..

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California