I started the day with a cup of the Irish Breakfast (no notes on that one today because I’ve nothing new to say) and then decided to see how this compared. I see from my previous note that when I drank it way back when, I used boiling water. I’m going to lower the temp this time because LeafSpa recommended it, and also because that’s how I’ve been steeping the Irish Breakfast.

I’m doubling up on the bold breakfast blends today to get the day kick started after spending the morning in bed watching Catching Fire on pay per view. I have wanted to see it for freakin’ ever, and I’d invited every single family member to go with me to see it in the theatre but no one was excited about it except me. So we ended up going to things like the Lego movie instead. The lot of being a parent, I guess. I really enjoyed the movie. Not surprising, because I quite liked the book. In fact, it may have been my favorite of the three because I really liked the arena design aspects. Also, I didn’t know Amanda Plummer was in the movie, which was a pleasant surprise. I am so glad she’s working.

Anyway, there’s a definite difference between the Irish Breakfast and this, it is very apparent when drinking them back to back. Judging from my earlier notes I would have said I preferred the English version but now I’m not so sure. The the Irish is definitely sweeter. It has the natural Ceylon sweetness. The English is maltier, has a fuller body, and is less sweet. I’m definitely getting smokiness this time, particularly compared to the Irish. I’m wondering whether there might be a little Keemun in the English. It has a bold flavor, and while I wouldn’t say it tastes like coffee it announces itself in a similar strong and no nonsense way.

Now I need to try it by itself again to see what I think about it on a clear palate.

boychik

Lego movie:-) my son went w/ hubby. Girls said no. Went shopping instead. I wish i went see movies. Hate shopping and prefer shop online.

CelebriTEA

I love the Iris Breakfast Tea from Au Bon Pain…
I need to try more of that variety &
Then try the Organic English Breakfast Tea.
I have to admit, I like teas on the sweeter side, generally speaking ;-)

Irish not Iris….ughh…New phone and don’t have all the appropriate
spellings in its dictionary YET…I absolutely hate auto correct.

Comments

boychik

CelebriTEA

I love the Iris Breakfast Tea from Au Bon Pain…
I need to try more of that variety &
Then try the Organic English Breakfast Tea.
I have to admit, I like teas on the sweeter side, generally speaking ;-)

Irish not Iris….ughh…New phone and don’t have all the appropriate
spellings in its dictionary YET…I absolutely hate auto correct.

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California