drank Peppermint by Teavana

I realized tonight that I’m soon to be in a very unbalanced tea situation. I have way more true teas than I do herbals/fruit blends. At the rate I’m going, I predict I’ll run completely out of herbals/fruit blends in a month or six weeks. Maybe two months at the most. So it is looking like I will escape from lockdown (in part).

The problem is, there are decafs and herbals I want from a lot of places, but I also want teas from those places, too. I know that if I order from a place that has teas I want, like Harney & Sons, I’ll be tempted to justify the purchase because I’ll be over the limit for free shipping or whatever. Ugh. File under first world problems.

In any case, Teavana is one of the places that has a lot of selection in terms of herbals and fruit blends. I’m not really interested in any of their true teas at this point, so perhaps they’re a safe bet. I really like this as a peppermint, but I doubt it would be a reorder assuming they still offer it. I’ve decided that Tazo Refresh is my go to mint.

I’m also eyeing a lot of the herbals and rooibos blends at DAVIDSTea.
I would buy rooibos, provided that it sits in the background in the blend. Same with honeybush. I don’t like savory blends that much.

With that in mind, I thought I’d ask—what are your top three decaf or herbal or fruit blends that aren’t savory, aren’t overly tart or egregiously sweet, don’t have pronounced rooibos or honeybush flavors, aren’t lemon myrtle, and can be found at a place that has a healthy selection of decaf options? (Thanks in advance.)

OMGsrsly

What you described there is pretty much everything I like! :) Zen Tea has a decent selection of fruity teas. The prices are good, they frequently have sales, I don’t really dislike anything they have. Although, the strawberry cream fruit isn’t as good as the goji chokecherry strawberry or juicy blueberry, and the ginger rooibos doesn’t have enough ginger.

__Morgana__

Thanks so much! I will look into Zen Teas. I have to ask, when you said what I described was what you liked did you mean my list of nots (savory, too tart, too sweet etc.) were all things you also didn’t like or all things you liked? I am tired and my brain is muddled so I’m not sure. ;-)

OMGsrsly

Your nots are all things I like! But Zen Tea seems to have a good balance. The Northern Berry rooibos is VERY fruity, leans towards sweet but isn’t too sweet. I love the Cranberry Acai, but it might be too savoury for you due to the nettle. Juicy Blueberry is a surprising fruit tea with hibiscus. Not too tart at all (I guess unless you hate hibiscus) and the Goji Chockcherry has no hibiscus. It’s light and fruity and really really neat.

__Morgana__

Ah, got it. These all sound very tempting, thanks so much!

Flowery

Depending on what you’re into, I was just able to do an herbal binge shop at Camellia Sinensis (http://camellia-sinensis.com/en/tea/herbal-tea) while telling myself I’m waiting for all the new 2014 greens and green oolongs that will come in over the next few months. Bit of a mental trick, but it mostly worked. And I haven’t received them yet, but those herbals look crazy good.

Ubacat

Forever Nuts at David’s Tea is a good one. I have some other fav decaf herbal blends but they don’t fit into what you’re looking for.

TheTeaFairy

I second OMGsrsly for Zen Tea, and their herbals are really on the wellness side. I liked Bamboo Integrity a lot.
Although I haven’t been a fan of their teas in a little while, DAVIDsTEA new spring collection seems to be a hit this time, my sister in law is gushing over Grape Expectations, Blue Lagoon and Cool Cucumber!

__Morgana__

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I have a good head start now. I will check all these out and I’ll probably take a look at some of the Della Terra herbals as well as those seem to have some fans here. TF, the gushing was what made me put DAVID’s on the list, that and the fact that I’ve wanted to try Forever Nuts for … Forever. If/when I order from Zen, I’m gonna have to try that Earl Grey Crème.

TheTeaFairy

Oh, you remembered! Of course Lady Bergamot, you of all people MUST try their Earl Grey Cream :-)
But I think you should add a new one on your list, their Vanilla Black. Did not review it yet and I’m not even a real fan of vanilla tea, but this is different, like pure vanilla bean, so good!

Comments

OMGsrsly

__Morgana__

Ah, got it. These all sound very tempting, thanks so much!

Flowery

Ubacat

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California