Sipdown no. 123 of the year 2014. Yay. Nothing like getting the daily sipdown taken care of in the first few cups of the day!

An easy sipdown. Nice cashew flavor today. Pretty sure this is the “old” black base that is currently under discussion on the discussion board given when I bought this. I have to say I’ve never had an issue with this base in and of itself, but I haven’t tried the new one. When I have issues with the 52Teas flavored blacks it tends to be with the flavoring and sometimes with the effect the flavoring has on the base. To be honest, I don’t notice the base that much in most of the 52Teas flavors because the flavoring is the main event. I’d notice it if I thought it was too harsh or too strong, though, and that’s not my reaction.

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California