Sipdown no. 145 of the year 2014.

As I am hopelessly behind on the daily sipdown project, I am now adjusting my goal to keep myself on an average sipdown of 1 per day, and as it is the 98th day of the year, I’m still in pretty good shape. I keep hoping that as things settle down I’ll be able to establish a new habit, but the problem is lately things have not been settling down.

Today I even ran out of the house without my Timolino, which was tragic. I had a slice of bread with peanut butter in my hand which I wolfed down in the car. Wolfed being the operative word, because it felt as though it stuck in my chest on the way down. It was really uncomfortable and I had nothing to wash it down with so I had to stop and buy a drink at the closest gas station.

But having now gotten through two training sessions and a couple of phone calls, I am taking a break to have some tea. I forgot, somehow, that this had rooibos in it. Now at sipdown, I’m remembering—because it appears that a lot of the rooibos sifted down to the bottom of the tin.

As I’ve mentioned, this doesn’t taste bad, it’s just weird and not very oolongy. It’s sort of a smoother, lighter version of the Constant Comment flavor profile, right down to the orange. It actually reminds me of the “tea” my mother made for my father when he had a cold, which was essentially some cinnamon sticks and clove and a touch of lemon. I can’t now remember whether she just boiled these up in water or whether she added them to Lipton. Either way, it wasn’t a particularly subtle flavor but also not horrible.

This is actually pretty flavorful and not at all offensive. I just get no oolong at all in the flavor, and the toasted nut brulee name baffles me. I think it should be called orange cinnamon cardamom. Wouldn’t you know, Teavana still carries this one. Figures.

keychange

Ugh. I’ve definitely had food stuck in my chest before (well it felt that way) and it’s awful. Glad you could wash it down with something!

__Morgana__

It’s awful, no? And worse with peanut butter, which felt like it had adhered to my esophagus.

TheKesser

Yeah this tea is VERY weird. I don’t understand the name at all either. I have a bunch at home of this, but I just can’t bring myself to drink it anymore. Maybe iced would be better??

__Morgana__

I don’t know if it would be better iced, but you could give it a try!

Comments

keychange

TheKesser

__Morgana__

I don’t know if it would be better iced, but you could give it a try!

95-100 A once in a lifetime experience; the best there is

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; will likely buy more

70-79 Very good; would enjoy again, might buy again

60-69 Good; wouldn’t pass up if offered, but likely won’t buy again

Below 60 Meh, so-so, iffy, or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California