drank Fruta Bomba by Teavana

I realized that I forgot to post no. 1’s results from his piano Certificate of Merit exam and now I feel bad about not posting it because (to the extent anyone thought about it at all ;-)) my silence may have led you to believe that he crashed and burned.

Brag starts here:

However, such was not the case. He got all excellents except for in sight reading, where he got a good. And he got a branch honors sticker on his certificate.

So now that I’ve set the record straight. This tea is definitely a step up from the Choconut and a decent flavored green tea, but not very distinctive. It’s one of many tropical fruit flavored greens I’ve had that are solid but not exceptional. So I can’t say I’ll miss it much when it’s gone, which should be fairly soon, because chances are I have another tea with a similar flavor somewhere in my stash. Perhaps even two or three…

carol who

Congrats to No.1!

Thank you. :-)

boychik

Congrats!!! So, is it going to affect your son middle school choice? We have crazy competition in NY.

__Morgana__

Nah, he’s just going to go to the neighborhood public school (unless he stops learning at it, in which case I’ll have to figure something out). I am thinking about private high school, but it’s hard to know what’s right to do. California public schools have a pretty bad national reputation because there’s no money for them because of Prop 13, but the ones in our town are rated higher than most and they make up for some of the deficit with private educational foundation contributions. But high school I’m not so sure about. There are arguments both ways—that you have a better shot at getting into a top university from a private school because your education is just better all around, or you have a better shot of getting in through a public school if you’re in the top 5% or so of the class because in the private schools everyone is applying to the same places. It’s pretty confusing. I sometimes think about going back to school and I wonder whether I’d be able to get in now, and my university and professional schools weren’t too shabby by any standard. Sigh.

boychik

Top 5% that’s what I heard. My older one just got a letter of acceptance to two great high schools in NYC. We decided on the one which is smaller and close to home. My middle one has to get some news on middle school any day now. So exciting and frustrating at the same time. I can’t afford private school w/ 3. Hoping for the best;)

__Morgana__

Yeah, I keep hoping he’ll settle down by high school. Right now he’s one of those kids that’s very smart but not very careful and doesn’t really see the value of studying. Of course, I didn’t see the value of studying until I was in college, so I guess the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree…

Comments

carol who

Congrats to No.1!

Thank you. :-)

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California