Wow, it’s been five days since I posted a note. Which goes to show how crazy it has been.

The kids were on spring break and going to a day camp, so our schedule got all discombobulated from that, plus work has been such that I come home every day feeling as though I’ve been crushed and ground into a fine powder. And then some nights, I had to get back on the phone for calls with Asia. My left eyebrow has been twitching intermittently for the last week, which sometimes happens when I’m overtired or stressed.

I have been feeling unmoored and I think it is because all vestiges of routine have been abandoned. I haven’t even been having breakfast, really. No morning coffee or tea, or at least not on a regular basis.

Also, it’s been warm-ish here, so I haven’t been craving hot drinks.

But as I mentioned in the last note before the lapse, I cold brewed some of this.

I don’t think my palate is very refined when it comes to tasting iced teas. I mean, I can taste a difference between this and the other cold brewed blacks I have had lately, but not a great difference. I suspect that the fact that the difference isn’t that great is reason enough not to brew this cold, unless I try it hot and it doesn’t send me. Darjeeling may be too complex a flavor to translate to iced tea readily? There’s a little more sharpness to this than there is with the cold Assam but sharpness isn’t really the right word because the cold brewing has blunted it. Otherwise, it’s pretty much a decent black iced tea and does the job of being a refreshing cold drink.

Continued apologies for not reading/commenting as much as I’d like.

Iced 8 min or more 8 tsp 64 OZ / 1892 ML
Courtney

No routine is brutal. Hopefully that is a short-term thing. :)

boychik

I’m sorry you are stressed. I cannot wait until spring break is over. Apr22 is jury duty. Oh we’ll…

__Morgana__

Thanks. Yes, I think I need to make an effort to get the routine back on track. I would also probably help if I ate less food that was bad for me and exercised….

TheTeaFairy

Oh my, I hope you can get back to a “normal” life really soon. Not the eyebrow, but my left eyelid also twitches when stress becomes too intense, very unnerving…

__Morgana__

Thanks, TF :-) Usually it’s my lid that twitches, too, but this time it’s higher up. Annoying.

Tealizzy

I had the eye twitch last week too! Hope next week is better for you!!

Comments

Courtney

No routine is brutal. Hopefully that is a short-term thing. :)

boychik

TheTeaFairy

Tealizzy

I had the eye twitch last week too! Hope next week is better for you!!

95-100 A once in a lifetime experience; the best there is

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; will likely buy more

70-79 Very good; would enjoy again, might buy again

60-69 Good; wouldn’t pass up if offered, but likely won’t buy again

Below 60 Meh, so-so, iffy, or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California