Cofftea and Angrboda’s notes about this one made me really eager to break open my box and give it a try. And man, am I glad I did. This one is a delightful sensuous experience on so many levels.

The bags do have an amazing smell. It starts as gingerbready, and not the vaguely spicy smell of ginger snaps or even the bready smell of gingerbread men (or women :-)), but a really deep, rich smell, like a fresh gingerbread loaf right out of the oven. Then it moves to something more chocolatey, with a dab of vanilla dropped in; the best I can come up with to describe it is that it’s the smell of how chocolate mousse tastes.

The tea is about as dark brown as it gets and I can’t see the bottom of the cup. The aroma is not quite as striking as it was dry, but still very pleasing. The taste is unique and complex. I taste mainly the chocolate and the spices, but there’s also an almost coffee-like note that sits on the tongue.

One of the things I find most enjoyable about it is its texture. The package uses the adjective velvety. I’m not sure what part of the experience that is supposed to apply to but for me it is how it feels in my mouth — soft, a little slick, and with substance to it, almost like a broth, and quite comforting.

Overall, a very satisfying experience and one I expect I’ll go back to again and again.

Ricky

Gingerbready, yes, that’s what it was! It reminded me a bit of pumpkin spice and Adagio’s gingerbread tea, which I didn’t like that much either. Ahhhh!

YUMMMM!!!

__Morgana__

I’m such a coffee purist that it is surprising to me that I am enjoying the flavored teas. I do adulterate my coffee by putting milk in it and I haven’t found that I like that with tea, but I think it was General Foods International Coffees way back (which it actually took me about a year to realize how bad they were because they were so cleverly sugared that they always made me feel happy when I drank them) that put me off of flavored coffee and I can’t bring myself to drink anything but ground drip. In any case, I am a total puehr virgin prior to this so I freely admit that I have an underdeveloped palate where they are concerned. But I intend to remedy that. :-)

Drinking this right now!=D

__Morgana__

I had it twice today already!

Comments

Ricky

YUMMMM!!!

Drinking this right now!=D

__Morgana__

I had it twice today already!

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California