This is the second of the Teavana lemons and I have to say I really really like this one. I’m not done with the perfect lemon search but I’m not planning to spend the rest of my life on it (too many teas, too little time) and anyway, I have a feeling that like love, the perfect tea generally shows up when you’re least expecting it and never when you’re out there looking for it. But for now, this could be my standard lemon. At least it’s a contender.

It’s got that chunky fruit thing going that Lemon Youkou also had, but it’s a little more under control; I haven’t found a 2 inch orange slice in this one, but it’s delightful looking. The textures and colors are almost autumnal, except for the strawberries. The color palette of leaves changing in the fall. The fragrance of the dried fruit is sweet. The strawberry is there in a now you smell it now you don’t kind of way. Sometimes it’s a distinct strawberry smell other times it’s a generic sugary one. The lemon, of course, is there too.

I can’t tell you what color it is because, silly me, every time I have made this one I seem to have made it in a green ceramic cup. But the taste is yummy. Very lemon, and sweet without overdoing it. The strawberry is responsible for the sweetness, but it’s second fiddle to the lemon and virtually indistinct unless you really taste for it, which is probably why I like it so much. I wasn’t looking for strawberry in my perfect lemon.

I can see myself bumping up the rating if the continued search doesn’t turn up something really awesome, but I’m being conservative for now because I’m not done.

Thanks denisend and wombatgirl for the recommendation!

95-100 A once in a lifetime experience; the best there is

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; will likely buy more

70-79 Very good; would enjoy again, might buy again

60-69 Good; wouldn’t pass up if offered, but likely won’t buy again

Below 60 Meh, so-so, iffy, or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California