I’ve been over caffeinating myself with all this wonderful tea, so I thought I’d seek out a good decaf and maybe sleep a little better at night — so I could wake up refreshed and ready to drink more wonderful tea! This is my second decaf attempt and neither has been what I’d call overly successful. The results have been choices that are serviceable but not very inspiring.

This one has ingredients similar to the Tazo Green Ginger, of which I’m not much of a fan, minus the pear. (Green Ginger has lemongrass in it, though it doesn’t claim a lemon flavor in its description of itself.) I like Ginger Sun better than Green Ginger, mostly because the ginger is milder and tastes more natural to me in Ginger Sun. There’s more sense of balance to it as well, though the green tea is a shadow of itself compared to some other Numi green bagged teas I have tried. You can tell it has been de- somethinged, which is my basic beef with most decaf’d drinks.

So the search continues.

~lauren.

Do you not care for rooibos or honeybush? They’re naturally caffeine free. I know because, like you, I am trying to compile a list of decaf or caffeine-free tea since I seem to have some sensitivity to caffeine impeding sleep time.

__Morgana__

I do like them, though sometimes they’re a little too sweet for what I’m thirsty for, so I am going for a variety of options. :-)

~lauren.

So far, rooibos & honeybush are pretty much my only caf-free staples (other than some herbals like lemongrass), so I can’t wait for your posts & suggestions on other decaf/caf-free teas!

Comments

~lauren.

__Morgana__

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California