It doesn’t have the natural sweetness of the red version; the sweetness here, such that it is, comes from the honeybush that is added in. The taste is decribed as woody on the box, but it seems to lean more toward reedy/grassy/twiggy to me. It has the taste of something that is supposed to be good for you (and this is supposed to be good for you). By that I don’t mean medicinal so much as health-foody. Though the taste isn’t the same, it’s the same sort of feeling I get from drinking wheatgrass or eating carob — virtuous as opposed to decadent, and I guess I’m looking for my tea adventures to be more Dionysian.

Although I’ll give it a few more tries to give it a fair shake, I don’t think I’m going to find this is for me, at least by itself. Good to know what it tastes like without additives (except for the honeybush), though, in case I come across green rooibos blends in the future.

LiberTEAS

I don’t really care much for rooibos (either the red or the greeon) that is unflavored, although, I’ve found that the plain, organic rooibos tastes better than the plain, conventionally grown rooibos. I really do like both the green and red rooibos, when flavored. They seem to take on an entirely different personality when they’ve been flavored.

Comments

LiberTEAS

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California