This is now the third tea with this general flavor profile that I’ve tried. The other two were bagged, from Tazo and Numi, respectively, and neither was anything to write home about.

This one, on the other hand, has something going for it that the other two did not: the tea. You don’t have to search for it — it’s right there, mild, juicy, and green, without any bitterness at all, knitting the other flavors together. It’s successful enough in this respect that I don’t even realize I’m drinking lemon myrtle. Bless you, dear tea.

The ginger and lemon are nicely balanced as well. There’s nothing harsh or artificial tasting about them and there’s no single flavor running away with this tea, which is what I appreciate most in a well executed blend.

I am coming to realize that though I thought I liked ginger pretty well, having survived on the dry version of it during the early months of my pregnancies and appreciating it with sushi, I am not sure it’s my favorite ingredient for a green tea blend. I think I appreciate it more in a tea as part of a baked goods flavor which tends to belong more in the black tea blend genre. That said, if I were going to partake of a ginger/lemon green tea blend, this would be the current frontrunner.

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California