This is Ceylon BOP Item TC50B and it came as “a complimentary sample perfect for Iced Tea” with my last order from Upton. I had never used the refrigerator method before and I tried it with this. Here were the instructions:

Empty the contents of the packet into a clean jug and add a quart of cold water. Refrigerate for 12-48 hours, strain and enjoy.

The margin of 36 hours seemed a bit daunting. I tried it after about 24. It’s a nice, standard black iced tea. I’m not a huge iced tea drinker, but in my view this is better than the usual restaurant fare. That’s mostly where I have iced tea.

My boyfriend, who drinks far more iced tea than I do, though also mostly at restaurants and without a great deal of sophistication (though he does insist that it be brewed and won’t take it if it is from a mix), pronounced it “OK.”

Iced 8 min or more

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California