My samples arrived! This is the first I’m trying since I have water at 175 right now, which frankly may even be a little too hot for this.

I’m making half a cup of tea as the samples are small. Not knocking them, they were free, just ‘splainin’.

Very green leaves, very peachy smell. Very light yellowish liquor. Peach aroma, and some buttery vegetal notes. Having just come off a very intense jasmine experience with the Numi Monkey King Jasmine Green, I’m not getting any floral notes here.

I taste the sencha, and a tiny bit of peach which is most obvious in the finish. The jasmine is MIA. The flavor is pleasant but too thin for my taste. At least it isn’t bitter.

I am really trying to find flavored greens that speak to me and I will keep trying, though I have a feeling it will be an uphill battle. I enjoy greens, but I’ve yet to enjoy a flavored one other than the Samovar Moorish Mint as much as I enjoy them in their unadulterated state.

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California