Second of my samples.

What makes this Long Island? (No idea).

I made my wee sample with about half the amount of water I’ve been using for the GM samples.

First surprise, the dry leaves smell nicely fruity. No cough syrup or any such oddness. I had a tiny dried strawberry and two tiny bits of papaya in my sample. Second surprise, the aroma of the steeped tea is vague but sweet and nice. The color is just barely yellow.

Third and last surprise, this is a pretty good flavored green tea. This from someone who has only met 1.5 flavored green teas she’s actually liked well enough to reorder. It is pretty delicate, and not quite as robust a flavor as I’d like, but it’s not what I call thin. I think this is 100% attributable to the strawberry which adds a fruity sweetness to the taste that gives it (shut my mouth) the beginnings of character, something mostly absent in flavored green teas I’ve tasted.

It isn’t quite enough to get me over the hump to ordering it, but I think those who like fruity green teas should give it a whirl.

__Morgana__

I just looked up Long Island Strawberry and apparently there are many strawberry farms on Long Island so perhaps either the strawberry came from there, or it reminds the blender of the strawberry season on Long Island. I can’t believe I lived in NY for 10 years and had relatives on Long Island and totally missed the strawberry thing.

~lauren.

Here’s another wiki-info: Darryl Strawberry, former Major League Baseball outfielder, lives/lived on Long Island! Hehehe!

silvermage2000

Nice review I was only able to get one sample how did you get more? Did I needed to do something? Yum strawberry.

__Morgana__

@silvermage2000 - I just added a number of them to my cart, and they all arrived. :)

__Morgana__

Ugh, I hate when I forget to put the dash the right amount of spaces away from what I’m writing and get a line through.

Comments

__Morgana__

~lauren.

silvermage2000

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California