drank Lemon Herbal by Harney & Sons

Lemon tea, very pretty! Ok, I know it’s an herbal blend but I had Peter, Paul and Mary bouncing against the inside of my brain repeatedly and I had to let them out.

It’s a pretty mixture that smells more than anything else like fresh hay. There’s really not a lemon scent until it steeps, and then it’s a very gentle aroma, neither tart nor sweet, with a bit of a cookie reminder to it. I have had lemon cookies that are a very intense lemon flavors and those that are just a whisper. This is the latter.

The tisane is a peachy color, and its taste is quite different from other lemon blends I’ve had that had a heavier fruit content, and also quite different from the original lemon I’ve been looking to upgrade from, Bigelow’s I Love Lemon.

The H&S is a quiet, subdued, smooth lemon. It tastes refined (not in the processing sense, in the deportment sense). It doesn’t shout about its lemonness. It’s less like lemonade and more like… something else. Liquid lemon whisper cookies.

It’s not soapy, it’s not too tart. It doesn’t require sweetening up. It’s also not really sweet. It actually has something that hints at bitterness around the edges, but dissipates as soon as you start to really think about it.

The thing that keeps it from being my perfect lemon is exactly what makes it so good. The perfect lemon I had in mind isn’t this quiet.

While it may not be perfect, it is definitely a fine alternative. Maybe there isn’t a single perfect lemon after all. Maybe there are a number of almost perfect lemons that can become part of a rotation.

I’m going to work my way through this sample to be sure I don’t change my mind about this one (I’m still a little spooked on the lemon front from my myrtle experience), but if it continues to taste as it did tonight, it’ll become a staple as a quieter alternative to the Teavana Strawberry Lemonade.

JustDuckyInNE

And the lemon flower is sweet/ but the fruit of the poor lemon/
is impossible to eat! Cha-cha-cha! Cue the band and the dancers!
Just be glad I wasn’t singing it. Now I’ll have to call my sister in the morning to pass the mental virus on to her.
Great write-up; just the inspiration to try another interesting and tasty tea.
Thanks Morgana.

__Morgana__

Thanks, Ducky — sorry about the virus, but enjoy the lemon! They have it in a sample size, which is nice.

Comments

JustDuckyInNE

And the lemon flower is sweet/ but the fruit of the poor lemon/
is impossible to eat! Cha-cha-cha! Cue the band and the dancers!
Great write-up; just the inspiration to try another interesting and tasty tea.
Thanks Morgana.

__Morgana__

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California