drank Chamann by THE O DOR

Another sample that came with my order. I’m knocking back a few of the decaf ones given the time it has gotten to be.

The handwritten label on the sample says “Rooibos Chaman” rather than Chammann, which is the name given on the web site. Now, I couldn’t find a translation of Chammann, but Chaman, it turns out, is shaman (or sorceror or mage). I really was joking when I made that crack about The de Druids (Druid’s Tea), something to the effect of “do they have tea of the shaman, mage, warlock [fill in your World of Warcraft class here].” Now I’m thinking, I bet Guillaume Leleu is in a raiding guild in his spare time. It’s just too much of a coinkidink.

Anyway. Vanilla rooibos, indeed. It’s a nice one. There’s a certain intensity to the vanilla that fulfills what has become my primary criterion for acceptable flavored rooibos — that the rooibos flavor be secondary to the flavoring agent. As secondary as possible, without disappearing altogether. It’s the vanilla that stays with when the sip is done, not the rooibos. I like that about this tisane.

And I also like the name. Back in my WoW days my main was a whammy shammy, so I feel like this one’s for moi.

Rabs

LOL! I like your theory. However, perhaps he’s an old school D&Der. But we’ll know the truth if The O Dor ever comes out with a “Mohawk Elfes de la Nuit” or a “Le Gygax.” ;)

LOL Ricky! XD

Morgana, I went ahead and edited the tea’s description with the info from The Urban Tea Merchant’s website.

o.O

Rooibos doesn’t seem to need saving here! Wohooo, rooibos supporter!

__Morgana__

Thanks, Jillian! I got the info from the sweeteas.com site, which is the site I ordered from, but the translation was a bit off.

SoccerMom

Yay rooibos supporter!!!

AmazonV

come to the rooibos side, we have cookies ;)

Ricky

Did someone say cuuuukeeyyyyss!

__Morgana__

Hahahaha. I wouldn’t go so far as to say I’m a supporter. I’m not a hater, though. I can appreciate a well done rooibos, but I’m much more likely to spend my money on tea.

Jillian

@Morgana: Here in Canada the main supplier for THE O DOR is The Urban Tea Merchant and they carry pretty much the full range of products the actual french company does. Here’s a link to their site: http://www.urbantea.com/

PS the cookies are a LIE! ;p

__Morgana__

Thanks for the link, Jillian. I think there’s a similar place (if not the same) with a US based site. I went directly to France for my first order, taking a page from Doulton’s book with the Dammann Freres — going straight to the source seemed the best option for making sure all the offerings were available. But these will be good for restocking.

cteresa

I like this theory of yours! I was just discussing with people why Thé du Loup is called the wolf´s tea, I think maybe you are on to something!

Comments

Rabs

LOL Ricky! XD

o.O

Rooibos doesn’t seem to need saving here! Wohooo, rooibos supporter!

SoccerMom

Yay rooibos supporter!!!

AmazonV

come to the rooibos side, we have cookies ;)

Ricky

Did someone say cuuuukeeyyyyss!

PS the cookies are a LIE! ;p

cteresa

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California