Free sample with my last Adagio order.

I have experienced a lot of bad iced tea. Usually it’s pretty tasteless, or nauseatingly bitter restaurant stuff from mixes, bottled Snapple with flavors that seem artificial or with too sweet artificial sweetener, or my own pretty lame attempts at iced tea that never quite get the water ratio right.

On the other hand, I haven’t experienced that much good iced tea. As I sit here and think about it, I think the best iced tea experience I’ve had is Arnold Palmers at the Cheesecake Factory, and since they are half lemonade I don’t know that they really count.

So that may explain why I liked this even though it seems a lot of other people didn’t. Compared to my baseline, this is way good. :-)

No sweetener, but doesn’t need it. Nothing that tastes artificial, not weak, not bitter. The jasmine permeates the tea and is very flavorful. The tea has a chestnutty/waterchestnutty note to it that lingers in the aftertaste.

I’d drink it again over most iced tea I’ve had, but as I said, my experience is pretty limited when it comes to good iced tea.

Iced 0 min, 15 sec
Cofftea

I was SO excited when I got their white tea as a free sample last year. I’m very hard pressed to find bottled unsweetened iced tea… but then they ruined it w/ citric acid! I wanted to cry. Since then I’m so leary to try their other ones.

__Morgana__

This has vitamin C in it, but I don’t taste anything acidic and it doesn’t list citric acid as an ingredient, so I’m guessing it is safe.

Cofftea

Or maybe it was vitamin c. Idk whatever it was- it was bad. If I want vitamin C I’ll drink an orange flavored tea… or orange juice.

S

Heh, I guess that when you don’t add all the sugar and lemonade and other stuff, the flavor of the preservatives become obvious and it doesn’t taste good…kinda ironic/sad :)

Auggy

It has Vitamin C, aka ascorbic acid. A lot of RTD teas can have that in them since it is used as a preservative.

Cofftea

Sugar and preservatives or vitamin c… what a choice. I’ll make my own thank you.:)

Cofftea

Auggy, ascorbic acid/citric acid same thing. Not in my tea thank you.

Auggy

I think the Cha-Dao brand of RTD teas is one of the only that doesn’t have ascorbic acid/Vitamin C in it. (I have to watch out for it because it is usually from corn sugars and corn = evil for me.)

Cofftea

I always make my own so it’s so rare I even desire RTD.

Auggy

And actually, ascorbic acid and citric acid are not the same thing.

Meghann M

Interesting reading about the differences between ascorbic acid and citric acid. Sounds like ascorbic acid is man made and citric acid is natural. Thanks for the info:)

__Morgana__

I’m pretty sure vitamin C (ascorbic acid) it is tasteless without additional flavoring, whereas citric acid does have a taste. So I’m guessing the addition of vitamin C to this drink doesn’t affect the taste, which was where I was trying to go with the vitamin C comment. ;-)

Cofftea

Well by “same thing” I meant an additive in my tea that is NOT welcome.

Auggy

Meghann, no problem! Just something I ended up having to learn about even though I didn’t want to! :)
Morgana, I’m pretty sure you are right in that Vitamin C/ascorbic acid is tasteless since I’ve never tasted that lemony taste in Adagio RTD teas that I have in ones that had citric acid instead. I guess a lot of companies use citric acid because it makes it like a lemon tea? Or am I just making stuff up?
Coffetea, just a misunderstanding with wording then.

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

Try the Green AnTeadote, it is my favorite iced tea ever. I have been drinking it continuously for at least 5 years except for the few times they were out of stock. If not that the Ito En green is great too. I just prefer Adagio’s.

Comments

Cofftea

S

Cofftea

Auggy, ascorbic acid/citric acid same thing. Not in my tea thank you.

Cofftea

I always make my own so it’s so rare I even desire RTD.

Auggy

And actually, ascorbic acid and citric acid are not the same thing.

Meghann M

Cofftea

Well by “same thing” I meant an additive in my tea that is NOT welcome.

Auggy

Coffetea, just a misunderstanding with wording then.

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California