This has really grown on me. I’ve been drinking it in the mornings, and I’m down to my last few bags. This one I will miss when it is gone.

Very rich, sweet (yes, it really is sweet — for whatever reason it didn’t seem that way to me when I wrote my first note, and it isn’t consistently so nor is it overly so, but on subsequent tastings I’ve found it to have a malty sweetness), full bodied, and otherwise yummy, though I don’t yet know how it compares to other Yunnans. It’s better than any of the other bagged blacks I’ve sampled, and it’s so good at what it does that it deserves to be kept in reserve for those times when a teabag may be the only viable tea delivery vehicle.

Bumping the rating.

Rabs

I just love how my taste buds have been evolving the more I get into tea! I have a major sweet tooth (one of the reasons I won’t add sugar to my teas is because I know that I’d go overboard) and I’ve been sooo delighted with how my palate has adjusted to loving the natural sweetness in teas vs. sugar (like in sodas). I’ve been hoping to find a tea or two in teabag form that I should keep on hand for those days where it’s more practical. I’ll check this one out :)

Comments

Rabs

95-100 A once in a lifetime experience; the best there is

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; will likely buy more

70-79 Very good; would enjoy again, might buy again

60-69 Good; wouldn’t pass up if offered, but likely won’t buy again

Below 60 Meh, so-so, iffy, or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California