drank Honey Pear by Golden Moon Tea

Golden Moon sample No. 26 of 31.

The dry leaves have small light brown pieces in them that look like little seeds. This must be the pollen. They smell of pear, and there is also a very heavy floral scent. Honey is there, but around the edges.

The liquor is where the honey first shows up in force — it’s a dark honey color. The aroma has both pear and honey, but mostly honey.

The taste is unusual. To me it is floral more than anything else, but I’m not sure what flower. There is some pear, but it is not strong. And some honey, but it isn’t strong either. The tea isn’t bitter, there’s nothing really objectionable about it. It’s just kind of strange and unexpected. The weirdest part is a waxiness to the mouth feel. The finish does have a lot of pear to it.

Not sure enough to buy a full size of this, but not ready to give it a pass. I’ll likely buy another sample when I place my order and give it another try.

malomorgen

“I’m conflicted about this one. On the one hand, there’s something interesting and nice about it. On the other, it’s weird.” exactly what i can say for that sweet chai i drank yesterday ;)

Ewa

yeah, I couldn’t get over the waxiness. I want my tea to slake my thirst not make it worse! (sort of rhyme is completely unintentional I swear)

Comments

malomorgen

Ewa

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California