drank Masala Chai by Rishi Tea

Tried this today the Samovar way, with a tablespoon of chai and a tablespoon of black tea (Teavana Assam Gold Rain). Otherwise the same: 1 tbsp sweetener, 1 cup water till it boils mostly away, 1 cup milk, steep ten minutes in the milk after bringing to a boil.

This seems to be one way to make chai more chewy. I am going to be using this method from now on. Not sure this black tea was the best choice — I haven’t tried it outside of the chai experiment. But it tames the pepper just the right amount to keep it spicy while also giving it more substance and texture.

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

Hmmm…chewy tea interesting. :-)

teabird

Yes! I get the chewy thing too from making chai on the stovetop – it’s very satisfying when I’m in that mood. And good idea adding extra black tea to mute the pepper…

Stephanie

I love the term “chewy” for a tea! Sounds so yummy. :)

Comments

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

Hmmm…chewy tea interesting. :-)

teabird

Stephanie

I love the term “chewy” for a tea! Sounds so yummy. :)

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California