drank Sinharaja by Golden Moon Tea

Golden Moon sample No. 31 of 31. I just looked back at the note for sample No. 1 and I started this journey 28 days ago. So almost a month here, too, Ewa. This seems like a really nice tea to end on, as it has a lot of love here on Steepster. It’s one of the ones I’ve been most looking forward to trying.

It’s probably not the best idea for me to be drinking this at 9:30 p.m., but at least it should keep me awake to finish my workout, which was interrupted earlier today at about the 1/3 mark.

I love the look of Ceylon leaves, that twiggy, delicate, dark brown bird nesty thing they have going on. The only other pure Ceylon I’ve had is the Samovar, and like that one, the dry leaves of this one smell a little tobaccoey and a little fruity. But I’m getting an interesting mocha-java note too.

Wow, what a beautiful color! It’s not that different from a black “tea colored” liquor really, but it has a rosey hue to it, like someone dropped a few drops of cranberry juice into it. I want a sweater this color!

The aroma is totally nommy. I get the molasses in a big way, but underneath the sugary sweetness is something else. Something that smells like that red color in the liquor, but that I can’t give a name. I think it is what the company describes as berry. The more I inhale it, the more I realize: it’s raspberry, and I don’t have to throw my mind out of focus to find it as I did with the Samovar.

Taste: I like. Lots. This seems to be among the fuller bodied Golden Moon black teas, the opposite of my experience with the Samovar Ceylon, which I found to be less deep and rich than the other Samovar black teas I’d tried. It’s smooth, and it has a character that reminds me of a lighter red wine. I get the toastiness, and some sweetness, but not too, too much. Despite its depth, it still manages to have a freshness to it without being astringent.

It was indeed a special way to conclude my voyage under the Golden Moon. Now, I must go place my order, the one I grandfathered into my lockdown by virtue of starting this trip almost a month ago.

It’s not goodbye, Golden Moon. It’s hello, again.

malomorgen

wow u finished them all? that was fast :D just went through ratings you gave them. and its really high in average. looking forward to my delivery from the states…

Adham

Congratulations on getting through them all – I just got my Golden Moon sampler pack last night, so I’ll be making a similar journey soon…

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

I got my sampler yesterday and have already started enjoying the goodness.

__Morgana__

You guys are going to have a great time!

Lainie Petersen

Yes, this is a delicious Ceylon. I need to get more.

Ricky

Congrats! Isn’t it so sad to see the samplers go. Perhaps another tea company will follow in GM’s foot steps and offer a sampler as well.

__Morgana__

That would be awesome, Ricky.

I agree very awesome!

Azzrian

I just tried this and I have to agree with this tea log – everything she said!

Comments

malomorgen

Adham

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

I got my sampler yesterday and have already started enjoying the goodness.

__Morgana__

You guys are going to have a great time!

Lainie Petersen

Yes, this is a delicious Ceylon. I need to get more.

Ricky

__Morgana__

That would be awesome, Ricky.

I agree very awesome!

Azzrian

I just tried this and I have to agree with this tea log – everything she said!

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California