drank Caribbean Breeze by Teavana

This is a May tea of the month on the Classic plan. Again, though, it seems to have been reblended since the info was entered here. The label lists the ingredients as: Apple pieces, hibiscus flowers, elderberries, rosehip peels, flavoring, kiwi pieces, rose petals, strawberry pieces, marigold petals and cornflower petals.

What makes it Caribbean? No idea. The earlier blend at least had passion fruit and citrus. I’ve noticed, by the way, that Teavana seems to change their blends pretty frequently and pretty much across the board. It seems to be more the exception than the rule that something with a particular name will have the same ingredients as those listed for that name several months ago.

It’s very pretty, per the usual texture/color combo for the chunky fruit blends. Its colors range from very dark purple/red to brown to medium red, with blue flashes that must be the cornflower petals. Strawberry is prominent in the smell of the dry blend, the rest being a rather generic fruit mix.

Steeped, it’s a beautiful deep reddish purple wine color, and there is hibiscus in the aroma. I’m starting to wonder if this is the Teavana answer to Tazo’s Passion, or The O Dor’s Je M’appelle Dorothee. Which is a little freaky when you consider the ingredients in all three of these are very different from each other; it gives you an idea of the dominating power hibiscus and rosehips have.

It’s definitely in that ballpark. Both the Tazo and the The O Dor tasted like unsweetened black cherry to me without sweetening and like unsweetened grape juice with sweetening. This sort of does as well, except that it’s more unsweetened strawberry mixed with cherry before sweetening (like that flavor you get from tasting dry kool aid concentrate to which sugar has been added) and strawberry mixed with grape after. And something about it isn’t as flavorful as the other two examples.

Each sip starts with a hit of flavor and ends with one, but in the middle it’s as though there’s a stretch where everything got diluted just for a few seconds (maybe they should have called it Rose Mary Woods). It isn’t too tart to drink, but it has a little pucker to it and I prefer it sweetened up a bit.

Not my favorite, but certainly drinkable. I’d like to try it back to back with Passion and see what that’s like.

Adham

I think it would drive me crazy that a company would change the ingredients in their blend but keep the name the same!

AmazonV

if you have the book there is a reblend icon – the book comes with most normal orders (not monthly) and free in store – it would be nice if they said 2 or something

__Morgana__

Yeah, it’s a little confusing. I’m not buying stuff based on the ingredients listed here since this is a tea of the month, so it doesn’t bother me that much. But you’d think keeping the web site updated would be easier than a print brochure? The ingredients on the package are different even from what’s on the web.

SoccerMom

I hate when they reblend! I bought my favorite Strawberry Slender a month ago and it tasted totally different and yucky! Now it’s just sitting their in my lil cupboard (bored).

Lori

SoccerMom- that sounds so misleading…so it sounds like it is best to stock up on a blended tea from Teavana then…

Comments

Adham

AmazonV

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; will likely buy more

70-79 Very good; would enjoy again, might buy again

60-69 Good; wouldn’t pass up if offered, but likely won’t buy again

Below 60 Meh, so-so, iffy, or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California