The fourth and last of the Upton Earl Grey sampler samples. This one has more bergamot smell in the can than the others; it smells the most like an Earl Grey in its dry state. Steeped, the bergamot aroma lessens but is still obvious and easily identifiable.

The description seems to indicate that the flowers are just for decoration, so that must mean this is the Earl Greyest of the Earl Greys in the sample. No other flavors added.

Indeed, that is my impression of the taste. In this, there’s a very discernible bergamot aroma and flavor, moreso than in the other three samples. It’s not too strong, nor is it too mild for me. It’s just right, said Goldilocks. The bergamot is citrusy, not perfumey. It doesn’t do a number on my stomach.

I’d like to taste it next to the Harney & Son’s, but it seems to me to be in the running for my staple Earl Grey.

Rabs

Ah, after reading this (and your other notes) I think that the Rosy Earl Grey might be too perfumey for you…hmmm…I dunno. I actually have this sample and shall try it in the next day or so. Then I can give you a slightly better idea of what’s what :)

Comments

Rabs

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California