Another from the Doulton-organized Dammann Freres shopping spree.

Wow. The dry leaves smell like fresh figs! Fresh juicy figs, not the drying and overly sweetened stuff that goes into Newtons (although I have to admit I have a weakness for that as well). It’s amazing.

The tea’s aroma, if anything, makes the figgy smell sweeter. It’s warmth makes the figs seem baked, but doesn’t change the fundamental character of freshness that I’m getting. Fresh baked is still pretty fresh. The tea has a really nice biscuity quality, with some floral notes as well.

The figs aren’t as present in the taste as they are in the aroma, but they’re still there, and they have a fresh, fruity aspect to them. It’s a deeper, rounder fig flavor than I expected, again much more reminiscent of the fruit itself than of anything made with it.

I haven’t had figs in tea before (at least knowingly) and it’s a pretty unique taste. But one I can totally get behind.

Miss Sweet

Fig tea! This sounds amazing!!

SoccerMom

All I could think about was “oh bring us some figgy pudding” while reading your two fig tea tasting notes LOL!

__Morgana__

And a happy new year!

Comments

Miss Sweet

Fig tea! This sounds amazing!!

SoccerMom

__Morgana__

And a happy new year!

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California