drank Tiramisu by TeaFrog

This is another of my TeaFrog samples from a previous Steepster Select. I’ve got some chai on the stove and thought I’d give this a try while it’s working.

What are “crackle bits”? (Do I want to know? ;-)) Whatever they are, they must be what is responsible for the fragrance of the dry mixture actually smelling like tiramisu. Uncannily so. The chocolate and cocoa alone wouldn’t do that. The rooibos in this mix is red, but I can barely smell it in the sample packet. Will my luck hold?

Alas, after steeping, I can smell the rooibos, primarily. The accurate tiramisu smell has been diluted. And unfortunately for me, since I like my rooibos to be virtually silent, I can taste the rooibos in this blend. It’s not bad for red rooibos, but I much prefer rooibos as a backdrop for other flavors to play on rather than as a flavor unto itself.

There is a suggestion of tiramisu in the taste, but oh, if it had only tasted exactly like the smell of the dry mixture! As it is, the rooibos is too prominent in the flavor of this tisane for my taste.

Those who like rooibos in their rooibos and a suggestion of flavor in their flavored rooibos rather than rooibos as a vehicle to make something that tastes not at all like rooibos would probably like this. If they can follow that last sentence…

Stephanie

Oh then this is definitely not for me! Your last sentence was perfectly understandable! :)

AmazonV

aww i was getting all excited, i love tiramisu

Comments

Stephanie

AmazonV

aww i was getting all excited, i love tiramisu

95-100 A once in a lifetime experience; the best there is

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; will likely buy more

70-79 Very good; would enjoy again, might buy again

60-69 Good; wouldn’t pass up if offered, but likely won’t buy again

Below 60 Meh, so-so, iffy, or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California