I got froth!

I understand what I was supposed to do now, went out and watched a video. I wasn’t whisking fast enough. Also understand why I thought the color would be lighter. With the froth, it’s more of a sea green than a pool table felt green.

Really yum and healthy feeling/tasting. It’s like drinking shots of wheatgrass only tastes a whole lot better and is a far more pleasing aesthetic experience.

And the chasen reminds me of my dad’s shaving brush in a kind of sideways way, which is kind of a sweet memory as well. :-)

Cofftea

Yes, the foam is definitely well- seafoam. Makes sense:) What I don’t like about some videos is they don’t give you exact amounts. I like exact amounts. You do know you’re not gonna sleep tonite right? lol I say this as I’m contemplating a matcha smoothie myself… um… lol:)

-Jessica-

Yummm frothy matcha! Lol

S

Oh yay, I was looking forward to reading your note on this! By the way, I just use a small strainer by OXO to sift my matcha, and it works really well. Glad you got it to foam :)

__Morgana__

Thanks! I placed an order with O Cha and ordered a sifter as part of that order. I don’t know whether it would have made a difference with this, though — it didn’t really seem to need sifting. No clumps or anything, seemed very smooth. Will be interesting to play around with this more. I was so focused on the process the first couple of times I wasn’t as focused on the taste.

Cofftea

I’m finding that ceremonial grade matchas are the only ones that really benefit from sifting which seems backwars to me. But then again maybe my constant usage of my hands and wrists pushing my chair have given me turbo wrists when it comes to whisking- which is funny cuz I’m always so afraid of whisking too hard in fear of busting my chasen.

LiberTEAS

the need for sifting should not seem backwards – since sifting is part of the art of making matcha, sort of like allowing some time to steep is part of the art of making tea.

Shanti: I use the same thing – I just have a small strainer I got from the utensil aisle from the grocery store – it’s not even from OXO – just a cheap strainer, but it works. A tea strainer would work also.

Matcha just needs a little aeration to get the most out of it.

Comments

Cofftea

-Jessica-

Yummm frothy matcha! Lol

S

__Morgana__

LiberTEAS

Matcha just needs a little aeration to get the most out of it.

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California