Clue No. 2

(See my tasting note for this tea:

for an explanation of the game.)

This is my first Mariage Freres green tea and I’m excited. In the can, it looks like sencha and it smells really dreamy. I can smell the greenness, but also a really delicious fruity aroma that is strong but at the same time (to me anyway) avoids the medicinal.

The tea steeps rather more yellow than I’d expected if this is in fact sencha. It smells lovely. I’m not sure what is in here, exactly, but to me it smells like cherries, raspberries, strawberries and maybe some apple. On the spice front I’m not so sure, though I could be persuaded there is a hint of vanilla in here.

I have had so many disappointing flavored greens, I wasn’t sure what to expect in terms of taste on this one, but I was pleasantly surprised. First, the tea is absolutely present in the taste, and it isn’t bitter in the least. It’s a somewhat buttery, somewhat vegetal, somewhat herbaceous taste. And the fruit stands up to it without taking it over entirely. It is very well balanced compared to other flavored greens I’ve had.

Maybe I’m just really excited to find a flavored green besides the Samovar Moorish Mint that I’d like to drink again, but I have to give this one a fairly high rating for being in such a (so far, anyway) limited club.

Rabs

LOL — I am so addicted to your game that I was like “hurry up and drink more tea so I can get another clue!” ;)

__Morgana__

Hehe. I’m trying to space them out a little to give you some time to consider each one rather than dumping them all on you at once, seems like it would be more interesting that way.

Rabs

I now have Orff’s Carmina Burana stuck in mah head. I’m feelin’ a bit epic…just like this game ;)

Rabs

“Look at me Damien! It’s all for you!”

__Morgana__

Good guess, AmazonV, but the answer is geekier still. :-)

I know this isn’t the answer, but I had to post this:

__Morgana__

Lol. Gotta love Elmer Fudd in full Valkyrie attire!

Kristin

Ha ha. Rabs, I was just thinking that about ‘Kill the wabbit’.