Clue No. 3 “Full Moon” to those of you who are Francophobes.

If the title of this note means nothing to you, and you’re interested in learning about my little game, please read my tasting note at:

for an explanation of the game, and my note at

for the second clue.

Now, on to the tea!

I am coming to realize that I have a weak spot, a very big weak spot indeed, for cornflowers in tea. They’re just so blue and lovely, in among the leaves. They go well with every color, but for some reason I find them particularly fetching in black tea. This has them, as well as some brown textures which I’m guessing are almond pieces and maybe some vanilla bean pieces as well. An aesthetically pleasing dry mix. It smells strongly of sweet almonds, leaning toward Amaretto rather than the nuts themselves. There’s another strong sweet smell as well, which I can’t really identify as vanilla because of the strength of the almond fragrance, but which, it stands to reason, is what I’m smelling.

It brews to a slightly cloudy chestnut color that smells much nuttier than liqueur-like. Almonds and vanilla. Yeah, I get that. Also get something that reminds me very vaguely of cinnamon and maybe even anise.

The taste is quite nice. I haven’t had a lot of almond teas so I don’t have a lot to compare this to, and the other one that comes to mind also had chocolate in it which is a definite thumb on the scale. But I’m enjoying it, and I am finding myself thinking of what it would taste like with just a tad of milk, or sweetened up just a bit. Or maybe even with some salt to bring out the nut, as LiberTEAS has suggested with other teas in the past. Almond is the predominant flavor here, and it is pretty true to the nut itself. The aftertaste is amazingly like what you get after having cracked open an almond and chewed its inner meat into oblivion. The tea supports this well, but is definitely second violin.

I’m loving Mariage Freres for the most part. They have the perfume of the dry leaves down like no one else for flavored blacks. Mariage me, freres!

Rabs

I think that I’m either gonna kick myself when someone figures this out, or I’m not gonna have a clue. :P

__Morgana__

I’m a little worried that it may be too obscure. But I’ll do what I can to leave a bread crumb trail that may at least make for good search engine fodder in the end :-).

Rabs

Did those zany Germans turn Twilight into an opera? ;)

I’ve tried the search engine (starting with clue #2) and so far nuffink. I think at this point I’m really hoping that I at least know something about your obscure geek answer ;)

Kristin

The Moon by Carl Orff ?

Rabs

The Beast Within (the Sierra game)?

__Morgana__

Ooooooh, Rabs, you’re good. Yes, it was Gabriel Knight II: The Beast Within. I don’t even have to give clue four!! (Bowing before the Queen of Geekdom)

Meghann M

Lol at the germans making a twillight opera. That’s where my thoughts were headed when I put the three tasting notes together. Congrats rabs to getting the answer before the 4th note!

AmazonV

Congrats Rabs! yea i was thinking twilight opera in german and it was a weird thought

Mwahahaha! It’s sorta sad how very pleased I am to have gotten it :D

I had Sierra on my mind and thought I’d google it since I was a big Sierra fan back in the day. I never did get to play the Gabriel Knight games (my parents thought that they were too mature for me at the time). I almost went with Phantasmagoria.

Adham

Congrats Rabs! Have to admit i wasn’t even close in my guesses…

Ewa

Wow! Grats Rabs! Yeah, I never would have gotten this one (I am bad at point and click adventures)

Rabs

Thank you all! I really loved the Kings Quest and Space Quest games. I thought that they were the most amazing things ever. When the second Kings Quest came out, and the flags on top of the castle “waved” in the air I thought that video graphics couldn’t get more advanced ;)

Oh, and no, my parents wouldn’t let me get Phantasmagoria either :P I can’t blame them on that one, though.

Rabs

And for those who haven’t the foggiest what I’m talking about: here’s a nice montage of almost all the ways that you could die in Kings Quest 1. And yes, I pretty much died every single way possible ::shakes fist at the rock crushing::

Comments

Rabs

Rabs

Did those zany Germans turn Twilight into an opera? ;)

Kristin

The Moon by Carl Orff ?

Rabs

The Beast Within (the Sierra game)?

Meghann M

AmazonV

Mwahahaha! It’s sorta sad how very pleased I am to have gotten it :D

Adham

Congrats Rabs! Have to admit i wasn’t even close in my guesses…

Ewa

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California