I can’t seem to get the link to the little picture of the bottle on the Ito En site to work. Oh well.

Today, my four year old and I went to Whole Foods to shop and decided to have lunch there. I picked this as the drink to have with my salad for lunch, mostly because unlike a lot of the other things on the shelf this didn’t have any flavorings.

As I have mentioned before I don’t have a lot of iced tea experience and most of what I have had has been on a scale on which the highested end point is unremarkable, and the lowest is retch-inducing. This is certainly better than anything on that scale, and it was a good accompaniment to lunch.

It has a vegetal, mild, sweet taste, with no bitterness and no artificial or chemical odd flavors or aftertaste. It’s only real downside is that it is a little on the ordinary/plain side. I didn’t really have a lot of time to spend with it but that’s my initial impression. I’d drink it again (but in the near term I’d probably pick something different just to gain more experience in RTD teas).

Iced 0 min, 15 sec
Peggie Bennett

I LOVE Ito En for RTD teas! To me they taste like someone made a good tea and then poured it into a bottle for me. I have heard that Ito En is the “Lipton” of Japanese tea, but I still love it. Lipton never tastes that fresh! Their Jasmine Green is also good, as well as their Oi Ocha and Oi Ocha Dark, and I love their Sencha Shots! Can you tell I’m a fan?!? :-)

Comments

Peggie Bennett

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California