This is another H&S sample I’d been meaning to try for a while. It smells really delicious in the sample packet. “Heady” is the word that comes to mind. It’s a rich, malty, earthy, slightly sweet smell with some fruity notes as well.

The liquor is brandy colored and the tea’s aroma is mouth wateringly malty. I’m getting some lovely, unexpected notes in the taste. Mostly cocoa, but also a bit of mocha java and berries. It has a substantial mouth feel and an aftertaste that leans toward sweet.

Very nice. I’d definitely drink this one again.

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California