drank St Petersburg by Kusmi Tea

My second at-work tea bag experiment of the day. This one also came as a sample with a Kusmi order.

In the bag, the tea smells pretty yummy. I can smell the caramel, but it isn’t overwhelming, and there is also a fruit smell, so that the main impression is of caramel apple, or caramel dipped berries.

The tea smells delightful. I can smell the vanilla as well as the caramel as well as the fruit.

The taste is smooth, and really interesting. There’s a lot going on, but it manages not to be confusingly busy. The flavors blend nicely. In fact, it’s not so easy to pick out individual flavors once you’ve progressed to the tasting point. Though if I concentrate, I get all the same things I smelled. I got vanilla, then caramel, then fruit. The aftertaste is a mild, sweet tea with berries.

I have a tin of this in loose leaf form, and I expect it can only taste better. Something to look forward to!

Andreastt

Hmmm there’s no vanilla in this tea!

__Morgana__

Kusmi’s description says there is. ;-) Even if there wasn’t, though, I’ve been known to taste flavors that strictly speaking aren’t on the list of what’s in the tea, which is what makes tea tasting so interesting to me.

Comments

Andreastt

Hmmm there’s no vanilla in this tea!

__Morgana__

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California