A sample from the original sample order. It was in my “white tea” box, or rather carton, and as I’ve mentioned I seem to have a hard time figuring out when to drink white teas so they tend to get short shrift. I’ll be trying to make it up to them over the next few days.

I’m not following the TeaFrog directions. Instead, I’m using the Breville suggested temperature and steeping time for white tea.

In the packet there is a smell that could be blueberry. It’s definitely fruity, and it also smells vaguely like incense. The leaves are stupendously large and twisty, with (my favorite) cornflowers very bluely strewn through the mix.

The tea aroma definitely has a blueberry note, with that incense one as well. It’s slightly wine-like, too. The liquor is a gorgeous tawny gold color.

Yum. It reminds me a little of the GM Persian Melon white tea, mostly because it’s a flavored white, I guess. But it’s different, too. It doesn’t have the fermented winey note in the taste that the GM had. The tea base is earthy rather than winey. It definitely tastes of blueberries, though. It’s got much more berry flavor than the only other (somewhat) blueberry I have to compare it to, Tazo Berryblossom White. I eat a ton of blueberries, usually with breakfast cereal, and this has almost the same aftertaste as the real thing.

Though I hesitate only because I am having trouble finding time to drink the white tea I have now, I think this one is a keeper.

Cofftea

4 min sounds reasonable, but 185 seems HOT!

__Morgana__

Yeah, there appears to be quite a variation in opinions of what the steeping temp should be. I have basically given up trying to get it right. Lol.

Ricky

Hmmm a good blueberry tea! I might have to try this one.

Comments

Cofftea

4 min sounds reasonable, but 185 seems HOT!

__Morgana__

Ricky

Hmmm a good blueberry tea! I might have to try this one.

95-100 A once in a lifetime experience; the best there is

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; will likely buy more

70-79 Very good; would enjoy again, might buy again

60-69 Good; wouldn’t pass up if offered, but likely won’t buy again

Below 60 Meh, so-so, iffy, or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California