drank Pink Grapefruit by Teas Etc

I got this sample with my first Teas Etc. order, and on my continuing quest to reduce my samples I decided to try it this morning.

In the packet the dry leaves have a sweet citrus smell. It’s a sweet grapefruit smell. It reminds me of how my mom used to serve grapefruit for breakfast. Sliced in half with sugar sprinkled over it, eaten with a “grapefruit spoon.”

It brews to a light brandy color and smells like a grapefruit! The tea is mild and smooth and has a substantial mouth feel. I can’t tell what kind of tea it is from the flavor. It could be a mild, non-smoky keemun or maybe a mild yunnan. There is a sweet citrus flavor that blends nicely with the tea and a surprising grapefruit aftertaste.

I would not have picked this to try. I like grapefruit ok, but it’s not a favorite of mine. I’m glad I got a chance to taste this though. It’s actually surprisingly delightful. It might even be delightful enough to encourage me to order a small tin.

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California