drank Wild Orange Blossom by Teavana

Finishing up the last of this and decupboarding. My initial assessment still holds. Enjoyable, if you’re in the market for an orange fruit blend, which I’m really not. At least not at the moment.

The boyfriend, who is big on fruit tisanes liked it quite a bit, though he remarked that he’d like it better if it was peach rather than orange. I feel sort of the same way, only my flavor request would be lemon.

mpierce87

Would you say this was on the tart or sweet side? Just curious…I’m on the lookout for fruit teas for the husband.

__Morgana__

On the sweet side. I generally prefer sweeter fruit blends, which is why I liked this one. However, with all of the Teavana fruit blends I’ve tried so far, and those of most other companies as well, I find that you really have to use a lot more of the blend than you’d think to get a nice strong, sweet flavor out of it. At least double what you’d expect, and 2.5 to 3 times as much is even better. (I think it has to do with how large the pieces of the fruit are. They’re so big that the spoonfuls are less dense and therefore less surface area gets exposed to the water.) Putting in less makes the flavor tarter as well as weaker, usually.

mpierce87

Thanks! I may have to look into getting a sample of this for him to try. I was desperately trying to get him into tea (mainly so he would help me drink it and then I could order more) when my mom gave us some of Teavana’s Plum Harvest which he fell in love with. Unfortunately, it has been discontinued. The good thing is he is encouraging me to place an order soon so that I can get him a few new fruity herbals to try (anything for tea, right?)

Comments

mpierce87

__Morgana__

95-100 A once in a lifetime experience; the best there is

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; will likely buy more

70-79 Very good; would enjoy again, might buy again

60-69 Good; wouldn’t pass up if offered, but likely won’t buy again

Below 60 Meh, so-so, iffy, or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California